Thursday, April 19, 2007

Time Warp

Time has been acting weirdly this year. Our first five months in Russia felt like an eternity, and December, in particular, felt like it would never end. And now -- in what feels like just a few moments later -- I realize that we only have 3 short months left in Russia. Where did all the time go?

I'm overwhelmed by how much I still want to accomplish, both professionally and personally, in the short time we have left here. The YESOD website is still under construction and the Visitors Center is far from complete. And then there are all the touristy places I'd love to get to: Moscow, Helsinki, Gatchina, Valaam, Kizhi, etc. (It's almost embarrassing that I still haven't been to Moscow.) I begin to wonder how I'm going to do it all!

Just as I'm finally getting comfortable here and beginning to enjoy a few professional successes, it's time to switch gears and start looking towards the future. It always works that way, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home