Thursday, March 29, 2007

Today is the Day

In just a few hours, 18 Russian young adults will meet up with 15 American and 9 Israeli young adults at the Pulkovo airport. Thus begins the Pesach Project, a whirlwind week of visits to local Jewish organizations, home visits to elderly Hesed clients and Adain Lo special needs clients, stops at local tourist sites, and of course, seders, seders and more seders!

Matt and I have been planning for this day since mid-December and I can hardly believe the day has arrived. I'm a little tired (have been working crazy hours in preparation), a little nervous (the logistics are insane), and very, very excited! Our tiny office is the command center, stacked high with arts supplies, welcome folders, kosher wine and, ironically, countless boxes of matza. (See Matt's post from a week ago on the subject of finding matza.) I still have a few last-minute things to take care of, so I'm going to cut this post short, but I can assure you that there's a much, much longer post to come on this subject.

Wishing you and your loved ones a chag Pesach kasher v'sameach -- a happy and kosher Passover!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home